Today, I’ll tell you how to photograph celebrations? As soon as a person has a professional camera, he a priori becomes a photographer. But having good photography equipment is half the battle. You also need to know how to shoot.
Let’s analyze some controversial moments of properly shooting celebrations and weddings as well. Here is collected information with such tips and secrets that cannot be found anywhere else.
If you do not have the skills of the photographing process, it is better to immediately warn the person who asks you to take a beautiful photo about this. So, you will avoid possible problems.
For example, taking pictures of children is not as easy as it might seem at first glance. You can run after the baby for hours to catch the right angle, but in the end, you won’t get a beautiful photo. And, the secret to beautiful baby photography is simple. The child needs something to do. It can be a beautiful toy, a book, an animal, etc.
Photographing banquets is also tricky. Before the start of the celebration, guests are reluctant to pose for the camera, and amid fun, it is easier to take pictures, but the guests, then for some reason, do not like their pictures. The photographer needs to work hard to find the golden mean.
And, here, shooting a wedding, in general, is not an easy task. The main characters in this celebration are the bride and groom. They should be perfect in the picture. The main disadvantage of shooting a wedding is that exciting moments are not repeated here. They need to be caught in time.
But, if you want, you can learn everything. Wedding photographers in the US, by the way, earn quite decent money. People are willing to pay for beautiful memories of pleasant moments.
In general, the photographer needs to know that emotions are his capital. You need to capture the emotions of people, their postures. And, to do this, not only during a conversation but also when a person is sitting, thinking, or dreaming.
That’s why when photographing celebrations, the photographer must at least know a couple of words about each guest. Sometimes, it is enough to approach a person and ask just one question for the face of the object to change.
For example, when photographing a wedding, ask guests or young people to take a walk. Photos taken in motion can tell a lot about their characters.
You can also learn how to photograph celebrations by following the example of other successful photographers. Before the shooting, there is also such a secret that warns the bride and groom that for them to put on rings for as long as possible, kiss, look into each other’s eyes, etc.
Mainly, this should be done when you are a competitor at the celebration. The photographer who takes the best pictures will earn the most.
And, here, do not interfere with the cameraman shooting the celebration. It is better to make friends with him, and then he will share with you a film with which you can take good shots.
A wedding photographer needs to learn how to shoot a celebration in motion. For example, while driving. In order for such photos to turn out beautiful, just practice.
- If you’re shooting a celebration indoors, remember that the built-in flash is a failure. It is better to use an external flash.
- When shooting a celebration, be sure to take spare batteries with you and check the equipment.
- Do not film people sitting at tables. It also applies to shooting a banquet and a wedding. Beautiful photos will not work! Try to get people off the table.
- Take pictures of people and situations from different angles and against different backgrounds. Just imagine that you are making a movie.
- And, here, if you are asked to take a portrait photograph, remember that the camera will need to be held at the eye level of the subject. Ask the person to look into the lens and take a few shots. Remember, the eyes in a portrait photo should not be blurry. All the focus is on them.
- And finally, the general rules of photography. Always choose a good shooting angle. It is better to study the location of the shooting in advance.
- Always keep an eye on the direction of the wind when shooting outdoors.
- It is better to switch the camera to manual shooting mode to achieve the best result.
- If you need to shoot fireworks, beautiful photos lie at a slow shutter speed, that is, when the shutter remains open. Usually, it is 2-5 seconds.
- When shooting celebrations at night, use a tripod. And, here use a high-speed, continuous shooting that will allow you to take more shots in a short time.