Today, I will tell you about poses for men’s photoshoots and show some incredible men photoshoot poses for inspiration. Impatient, constantly busy men often feel insecure in the frame. In contrast to the female, representatives of the strong half of humanity do not like to show off in front of the camera and even experience discomfort.
Careful preparation and preliminary selection of good poses for a spectacular photo shoot of men can be a way out of a difficult situation. A detailed study of the image will help the guys get rid of stiffness and get amazing photos.
How to Choose A Favorable Pose for Men?
The most common mistakes in men’s photos are assumed relaxation or, on the contrary, the pose of a “persistent tin soldier.” In both cases, the psychological discomfort of men is easily read, which does not add attractiveness to the pictures.
A few simple tips will help save any photoshoot and make guys much more photogenic:
- For a brutal image, it is not necessary to strain all the muscles. It’s enough to look and feel confident.
- Masculine strength and assertiveness can easily be emphasized by a pose where verticals, horizontals, and right angles prevail. (Diagonals in the selected angle are not welcome.) The look will seem more confident if you look in the same direction where the face is turned.
- Regardless of the chosen position, perfect posture is considered the key to a high-quality photograph.
- And do not forget: a calm facial expression, a relaxed pose, and a sincere smile can decorate any man.
What Should I Pay Attention to When Choosing Men Photoshoot Poses?
The choice of a good pose for a photoshoot largely depends on the accompanying factors:
- The photo should reflect the reputation and social status of a man. Black-and-white images are ferocious and powerful in terms of energy.
- Additionally, props can emphasize the inner world of the model: a cigar, a glass of cognac, a musical instrument, or sports equipment.
- The right style of clothing will also help to reveal the psychological portrait of the hero.
- A carefully chosen shooting location promotes the emancipation of the guys.
In advance, you should also discuss with the photographer the spirit of the upcoming photoshoot and the goal pursued by it. So the pictures can be intended to conquer girls, demonstrate to others the financial situation or sense of style, tell about a favorite activity, hobby, capture family, and so on.
If there is no exact photographing, it is better to tell the specialist directly about it. He will simulate the process in such a way as to choose the most profitable option.
You may also like to read: Posing Basics in Photography: An Ultimate Guide for New photographers
Description and Features of Specific Options
The same type of photos with the same male poses and angles look unattractive. It is enough to work on facial expressions and gestures in front of the mirror to avoid such a mistake.
It would be nice to discuss in detail the plan of the photoshoot with the photographer. It will remove the extra excitement and allow you to relax.
A pre-studied cheat sheet on posing will help to impress others with spectacular pictures.
The portrait photo is the beginning of the whole shooting. You can create a successful frame by focusing your eyes on one point in front of you. It is undesirable to look at the ceiling or “run your eyes” from side to side.
A portrait picture looks good if a hand gets into the camera lens. You can use addition in the form of an expensive watch or cigar. In combination with a business suit, such props will look incredibly harmonious. It is better to choose accessories for everyday clothes without frills.
The simplest but simultaneously advantageous angle for a portrait is a standing position with arms folded crosswise on the chest. At the same time, it is desirable to take the shoulders slightly back and draw in the stomach.
2. Hand Position
The pose with folded arms is ideal for full-length shots. Additionally, you can diversify such photos if you periodically change the position of the limbs:
- Place your hands on your hips;
- Hide it behind your back;
- Put it in your pockets (preferably leave your thumbs outside);
- Position freely along the body.
The pose will look advantageous if you throw a bag or a piece of clothing on your shoulder with one hand and lean on your hip with the other.
3. Leg Position
In the full-length picture, the model’s legs are clearly visible. To not create a feeling of awkwardness and unattractiveness of the pose, you can cross your limbs (one of them should be located in front of the other) or slightly bend your leg at the knee.
At the same time, it is essential to move the whole body’s weight to one limb; otherwise, the pose will look disharmonious.
A good option for a photoshoot is also the position of the legs at shoulder width.
4. Torso Position
With the help of the right photo, it is easy to correct shortcomings or emphasize advantages. Muscular male shoulders can additionally be distinguished if you turn them towards the lens, and the hips, on the contrary, slightly pull back. In this position, the torso will seem much more powerful.
Perfect posture will only add to the showiness of the pose.
5. Photo At The Table
The following options can serve as winning poses at the table for a man:
- The model turns her whole body slightly to the side, resting on the table with her arm bent at the elbow;
- The guy leans back and looks in the direction of the camera;
- The hero crosses his arms over his torso and leans back in his chair.
The optimal places for photographing can serve as a workplace, cafe, or home environment. It is desirable to add a couple of accents to create the necessary atmosphere. In the first case, it is worth placing attributes related to the professional activity (laptop, pens, or a folder with papers). And a photoshoot in a cafe or at home is already rich in details, so a cup of coffee will be the perfect addition without distracting attention.
6. The Guy is Sitting on The Floor.
A man sitting on the floor is another option for posing, suitable for studio shooting or a photoshoot in nature. The following poses can serve as successful solutions for pictures:
- The brush rests on the floor, and the legs are symmetrically bent at the knees;
- The arms remain in the same position, one leg is stretched out, and the other is bent at the knee;
- The model, reclining, rests on her elbow and stretches her legs freely;
- The guy leans back against the wall, choosing a comfortable leg position.
The participant of the photoshoot is also allowed to lie flat and lean his head on his hands. At the same time, the gaze should be directed directly into the camera lens.
7. Photo with Support
For photos with a vertical, it will be appropriate for a man to lean on a tree or a wall. You can do this sitting on the floor or standing near the support. Hands are allowed to hide in pockets, and legs are slightly bent at the knee.
This way, the pose will seem the most relaxed. Professional fashion models often use this angle in their work.
8. Photo On the Couch
New elegant furniture is a great decoration for a men’s photoshoot. Lying on the couch, the guy can play in the frame:
- working on a laptop;
- listen to music;
- smoking a pipe;
- it’s mysterious to look into the distance;
- close your eyes and rest.
Such shooting allows for some freedom in poses. A man can laugh, lie on his side, cover his face with his hands, rest his cheeks with his palms, and so on.
9. Photos On the Street
Men’s outdoor photography is one of the most convenient options. There is no need to pick up the scenery: everything has already been created by humanity or nature.
It is enough to put on your favorite clothes, choose a suitable route, behave as naturally as possible and enjoy the process. And the choice of the pose will depend entirely on the weather, the time of year, and the mood of the model.
Some of the most successful options:
- Stand on the bridge and hold on to the sides with one hand;
- Stretch out your arms in different directions and look at the sky;
- Cover your eyes with the back of your hand from falling precipitation;
- Throw back your head under the flakes of snow.
In sunny weather, it is better to take photos in the morning or evening. The sun is on the side at this time, which makes it possible to make better shots.
10. Favorite Hobby
Men’s hobbies – there is an unlimited scope of opportunities for a photo shoot. The main thing is to stay natural and not change yourself. The usual pose and inventory in the hands will make the photo unsurpassed.
The athlete will look great in the frame on the tennis court, football field, in the pool, or the ring. The musician will get a good photo with his favorite cello, guitar, or double bass.
An artist with a brush, paints, and an easel also stands out favorably in the picture. And ease, movement, and experiments with angles will only complement the established image.
11. The Guy is Busy with His Business
Stunning and lively shots are obtained when a man is photographed doing something. The freedom and ease of the pose add a unique charm to the picture.
Guys’ favorite positions during posing:
- read the press;
- execute drawings;
- carpentry and carpentry;
- repair mechanisms and stuff.
Models do not have to look into the camera lens, so this kind of photoshoot is suitable even for those categorically against filming.
12. A Young Man in His Favorite Character
Every man at least once in his life wanted to transform into a superhero, a favorite character of the world’s bestsellers, sensational computer games, or books. Photographing in the image will help to realize the dream.
A careful selection of costume, makeup, hairstyle, and decorations will make the picture as realistic as possible. And the study of gestures and facial expressions of your favorite hero will bring the image to perfection.
A soldier, a knight, a cowboy – everything depends only on the flight of imagination. The main thing is to choose a style that will not only please but also emphasize all the model’s advantages in the picture.
You may also like to read: 50 Best Corporate Photography Poses: How to Pose At a Corporate Party?
Tips from Professional Photographers
To look beautiful in photos, professionals recommend:
- Don’t hold your breath and stay relaxed.
- Do not change the pose abruptly after clicking the camera. When moving from frame to frame, only one element should change (for example, the head’s tilt or the hip’s turn).
- If it is necessary to cross your arms on your chest, you can not hide your hands; let them remain in plain sight.
- When the hands are placed along the trunk, it is advisable to bend the fingers (as if a stone is hidden in hand).
- To emphasize masculine strength and confidence, you can slightly spread your legs apart.
- When posing sitting, you can cross your legs for the ease of the image, turning the ankle to the knee.
These tips are not immutable rules but only recommendations that can be changed according to the model’s personality, place, time, and shooting scenario. Experiment, dare, try – and everything will certainly work out. The main thing is to remember that naturalness is above all.