Photo sessions in a girl’s life are not often. Professional photographs are then hung on the walls, uploaded to social networks, and stored in albums in the most prominent place. Therefore, in order to look spectacular, you need to choose the right makeup for a photo shoot. Of course, it makes no sense to invite a skilled stylist and pay him a lot of money. You can use basic tips and create a cool, elegant and unusual look on your own. It is also necessary to put yourself in order by putting on your favorite suit, dress, shorts or other clothes.
For some reason, many girls skip this step. In vain. It is necessary to carry out preparation in advance, namely:
- Carefully think over the image that will be conveyed in the photograph.
- Pick up clothes. You can use your favorite items or buy bright and fashionable models especially for the event. They can be returned to the store after filming.
- Make an appointment with a hairdresser for a spectacular hairstyle or styling.
Only then can you start thinking about makeup. It should perfectly match the image, every item of clothing and hairstyle.
Pay A Makeup Artist or Do It Yourself?
Often, girls prefer to do their own makeup for a photo shoot. Nowadays, you can change your appearance for the better, using special programs with a step-by-step algorithm or training videos on YouTube and other portals. You need to contact a professional stylist only when you are not confident in your own abilities. Still, it is better to trust a specialist than to conduct dubious experiments on the image and in the future get negative impressions from the photo session.
Just Before Shooting
So, the photographer has made an appointment for you, and you are ready to create a cool and unusual makeup for a photo shoot. But first you need to:
- Wash and dry your hair thoroughly.
- Cleanse your face with special means, it is better to refuse to apply cosmetics.
- No need to try professional face cleansing just before taking a photo. This is done in advance. If you don't have time, refuse.
Prepare the tools you use regularly. The rule is especially true for those with sensitive skin. If you are going to experiment with cosmetics, you run the risk of earning an allergic reaction. You probably understand that redness and irritation on the skin will not beautify the image.
Important: When creating makeup for a photo shoot, it is better to take some minimum indicators than to overdo it with something. A too pretentious image is devoid of naturalness.
Mirror Is the Key to Detail
Girls who are used to painting themselves are sure that they can easily carry out makeup for a photo shoot step by step using special programs. Indeed, if the hands are skilful, the task is easily achieved, but only using a mirror that has a large approximation. The fact is that modern cameras are capable of capturing an image in maximum detail. And, if you forgot to shade a miniature stain, it will be visible in the photo. With the help of a magnifying mirror, you will remove the smallest imperfections on your face and create the perfect look.
The foundation must be applied to a previously cleansed face, even if you are creating a creative makeup for a photo shoot. Ideally, you will need at least three tones:
- The first one has a shade identical to the skin. It is applied all over the face.
- The second tone is one shade lighter than the first option. They need to treat the delicate area under the eyes, nose, forehead and chin.
- The third tone is the darkest. They treat the contour of the face and cheekbones. This tone allows you to correct their shapes, you can focus on a beautiful outline, emphasize its dignity.
Important: Try to pay attention not only to the face, but also to the neck and décolleté areas. Apply foundation on these areas too. If you don't do this, in professional photography your face will look like it was wearing a mask.
The Most Difficult Stage
Eyes are the mirror of the soul. A professional photographer is able to convey all the mysteries of the eye, its sensuality. Therefore, proper eye makeup for a photo shoot is of utmost importance. To begin with, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the video and master classes where cosmetics are applied to this particular part of the face. Find out what secrets there are, what mistakes beginner stylists make.
The choice of shadow application technique is key. To prevent them from rolling, pre-treat the eyelid, for example, with powder. You don't need a lot of shades of shadows so as not to overload the image - three are enough. If you are unable to apply shadows the way you want them initially, give up an overly bright look. The most versatile option is pastel shadows. They look natural, perfect for all ladies, regardless of the shape and color of the eyes.
If you want to make an interesting makeup for a photo shoot, then add shadows of a shade of gold or chocolate. Black is fine too. And it's better to give up screaming bright burgundy and red shadows. First, they are difficult to apply. You can easily overdo it with saturation. Secondly, these colors are not suitable for many girls, they create an image with puffy eyes.
Here Are Some Valuable Tips:
- Gently blend the transitions between the eyelids.
- Create a stroke on the lower eyelid that is identical in shade to the previously applied shadows on the upper eyelid.
- Use eyeliner to visually enlarge your eyes.
- Extend your lashes with mascara or use false models.
- Discard glare-creating products, do not use miniature rhinestones.
Important: Be sure to consider the location of the photo shoot.
For a photo studio. It is advisable to choose bright makeup. If you don't apply enough eye shadow, the look will be dull and dull.
In the fresh air. Choose a lightweight makeup, the emphasis is on naturalness.
Alluring Lips Are an Important Element of The Image
When doing makeup for a photo shoot with your own hands, step by step, pay attention to your lips. Let's say right away that it is necessary to abandon the catchy and too saturated lipstick - it creates a daring, vulgar image, plus adds a couple of extra years to the girl. The recently popular purple shade will not work either. Your teeth will look yellow in the photo.
Opt for natural shades. It is advisable to use a special pencil to give the lips a clear shape. In addition, with its help, lips can be easily enlarged visually. For a final touch, you can use a light sheen.
Blush Provides Freshness
Never forget about blush. With their help, the face becomes fresh. You can easily adjust the contour using blush. Consider two options:
- Cold makeup. The best option is a pink blush.
- Warm makeup. A calm peach blush will do.
Important: For a photo shoot, they make a choice in favor of richer blush. Do not forget that you are falling under the lens of professional photographic equipment. If the blush is not enough, the image will look dull in the photo, lacking freshness.
Some Valuable Tips in The End
To make your photo session go with a bag, use the following recommendations:
- Shape your eyebrows a few days before your scheduled event. The day before the session, in no case pluck hairs, otherwise the swelling will be recorded by photographs.
- Be sure to take powder with you to refresh your look at any time, if necessary.
- Discuss your preferred looks with the photographer in advance. Perhaps he will give some important recommendations that will allow you to create trendy makeup.
Expert photographers conduct cool and memorable photo sessions. With him, you can consult on the choice of makeup that is ideal for you. As a professional, they listens to clients' wishes and gives valuable recommendations.