Today’s topic is newborn baby photoshoot and I’ll tell you all about this great occasion and some cool ideas about newborn baby photoshoot. The birth of a baby is not only great joy but also the appearance of many new responsibilities and affairs. Mothers are concerned about whether the child is gaining weight well, think about which diapers to choose, learn to feed the baby, swaddle and bathe correctly. And they also need to find a good pediatrician, and, finally, take care of their figure, which noticeably “swam” after giving birth.
Naturally, behind all these troubles, the photo session of newborns is not even remembered. As a result, many parents are missing out on the most touching and unique months of their child’s life. But whenever they look with tenderness and love at their little one, they see the most beautiful and dear to the little man in the world. And probably at such moments, they have thoughts that it is imperative to find a professional children’s photographer who can capture the minutes of the child’s acquaintance with the world around him.
Why Newborn Baby Photoshoot is So Important?
Children grow and change very quickly. Soon the question “why newborn baby photoshoot is so important?, Will be relevant for parents.”, But how to catch your fidget, who is hiding from the lens behind a mushroom on the playground. The first pictures of the baby are the most touching. And only a professional who specializes in children’s photoshoots can make them with high quality.
For me, photographing babies is not only a colossal honor and joy but also a great responsibility. To make wonderful, deep-meaning photographs of a little man who radiates natural purity, kindness, and light is a test of professionalism for all photographers, regardless of their experience and qualifications. But for the shooting process itself and its final results to be excellent, you need to prepare properly.
Photoshoot of Newborns with Parents
Often, young parents become the main participants in the filming (of course, after the baby himself). Soul hugs, gentle hands, anxiously holding a small miracle, happy sparkle of eyes – all these delightfully emotional shots will be captured by a professional photographer.
A photo session for children is a real sacrament. And it is better if only the dearest people are present at it. If you want your pictures to include siblings or grandparents, it is best to set aside a separate part of the shoot for this. And devote most of the time to the baby and his parents.
How to Photograph Babies: Accessories, Interiors, Clothes?
You can do a baby photo session in the usual pastel colors. For such filming, clothes of unobtrusive tones are selected. Let the parents pick up some cute, dull costumes for the baby. They should be monochromatic. You can also choose an outfit with delicate polka dots, stripes, or any patterns.
The less jewelry there is on the clothes, the more accents can be made on the child himself, his little arms and legs, and a funny face. You will also need a few hats, ribbons, a cozy soft blanket, or a fur blanket.
The opposite option is also allowed. In other words, a newborn baby photoshoot is done using bright accessories. The emphasis is partially on them, but the pictures will be quite saturated.
If it is difficult for parents to make a choice on their own, advise them something of their own because you are a photographer. Many professionals who specialize in children’s photography have a set of their accessories.
There are certain requirements for the room in which the photo session will take place. First of all, it should be warm, light, as comfortable, and spacious as possible for the child. Ideal as a parental radiant bedroom or a bright children’s room. If the family lives in a private house, and the shooting is carried out in warm weather, some of the pictures can be taken outside.
Important Organizational Nuances: Advice to Parents
To avoid any overlaps, an order for a photo session should be placed not a few days before taking pictures of babies, but in the last weeks of pregnancy. Shooting is best done in the first 5-10 days of the baby’s life. During this period, children sleep well and can be easily put in the desired position.
A photo session of children aged two weeks and older may already be accompanied by some problems because the little man begins to show his character. The focus of attention is often the mother’s hands that hold the baby. Therefore, a couple of days before the scheduled shooting, do a good manicure, herbal baths, or moisturizing masks. If you want to shoot in the garden, make sure it looks attractive. This is also true for the premises.
Young mothers should not do too bright makeup for a newborn baby photoshoot. All you need is a foundation, an elegant lip gloss, and mascara. Shadows of calm shades are allowed. It is also better to refuse bright jewelry. Otherwise, you have complete freedom of choice and action. You can come up with your photography scenario or use the ones from below.
You may also like to read: Event Photography: An Ultimate Guide for Beginners
23 Cool Newborn Baby Photoshoot Ideas
Here are some cool ideas for newborn baby photoshoot. You can use these baby photoshoot ideas for stunning photographs of newborn babies.
1. Mom is preparing to leave the house for the hospital. The last training camp, anxious excitement.
2. The first day of life in this large and so far unknown world: a baby on a crib in a maternity hospital.
3. For the first time, the mom took the baby in her arms. Can you imagine what kind of emotional pictures you will get?
4. Mom’s First Kiss. Then there will be many more kisses, invariably tender and loving. But the first will never happen again.
5. Dad saw the baby for the first time. Even the strictest and toughest men in such moments simply “melt”. Fix this moment!
6. For the first time, the whole family gathered together in an “expanded” composition.
7. Baby with other children in the hospital, all so small and touching.
8. Label from the hospital with information about the baby. Subsequently, you can lose it or accidentally throw it away, but the photo will remain.
9. Feeding. If you are thinking about how to photograph babies, this should be a must.
10. First Outfit. The kid prepares to return home: the first outfit.
11. We say goodbye to the hospital: hello, big world!
12. First Trip by Car. It is curious to see how the child will react to it.
13. Hello, Home: the baby fell asleep for the first time in his crib, the parents are next to him.
14. The kid next to the pet. For example, it could be a cute puppy, kitten, or kitty.
15. Newly-made parents together with the baby in the nursery.
16. The face, legs, ears, pens, nose, eyes, tummy, mouth, hairstyle of the child are so touching and tiny.
17. The kid meets grandparents. I wonder who he looks like more?
We measure the growth of the crumbs. You can choose a toy or other object against which the growth of the baby will be visible, or you can photograph him from year to year in one place so that you can see how the child is growing.
18. The First Toy. On the topic of toys, you can hold a separate photo session for newborns. In a couple of decades, parents and an adult son or daughter will be pleased to remember all this.
19. Baby’s Dowry: hats, clothes, shoes – everything is so cute and tiny. For size comparison, you can give socks or a hat in parental hands.
20. The baby sleeps in her crib. At this age, babies can take the most touching positions during sleep.
21. First Bath. Some kids are afraid of water. Others splash with pleasure from the first try. I wonder how the baby will react to bathing?
22. Various faces that the baby builds, his first smile.
23. Touching sighing and yawning when a baby wakes up or prepares for bed.
If you are not an expert in the question “How to photograph babies?”, But you are going to do a photo session on your own, remember that you cannot use the flash when the baby is awake.
Babies do not yet have the reflex of a sharp contraction of the pupils in bright light, and even the built-in flash has a very negative effect on their retinas.
All of the above ideas are sometimes difficult to implement in one day, and the impressive work of the children’s paparazzi, in this case, can be distributed over 2-3 days at an appropriate hourly rate. Here I again remembered the fictional profession of a personal photographer. If you are a professional in this business, then never miss the most important moments of the baby’s life for parents.
You may also like to read: Child Photography: An Ultimate Guide for Children Photography at Home
Happy newborn baby photoshoot and don’t forget to subscribe to blog updates so you don’t miss anything.